Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-15 Origin: Site
With the rapid development of communication technology, the increasingly wide application of distributed generation in communication terminal equipment and the rapid growth of the portable electronic product market, there is an urgent demand for power solutions with higher efficiency, higher power density, smaller footprint, greater reliability and lower cost. As a convenient and practical solution, the large use of rechargeable secondary batteries can better meet the needs of the development of the communication field. Due to its long service life, convenient maintenance, excellent performance and low cost, VRLA batteries occupy an important position in secondary batteries and have broad market prospects. In addition to the field of communication, it has a broad potential market in military, medical, equipment and other applications.
Here is the content list:
What are the structures of AGM VRLA batteries?
What are the charging methods of AGM VRLA batteries?
What are the advantages of AGM VRLA batteries?
The basic structure of the AGM VRLA battery consists of positive and negative plates, separators, electrolyte, safety valve, shell, bus bar, positive and negative end posts, etc. The main component of the active material on the positive plate is PbO2, and the main component of the negative active material is spongy Pb. The electrolyte is made up of distilled water and pure sulfuric acid in a certain proportion. During discharge, lead and lead dioxide to react with electrolyte to form lead sulfate. The reaction process is opposite when charging.
What are the charging methods of AGM VRLA batteries?
The charging method of the AGM VRLA battery is similar to that of liquid rich lead-acid battery, because both of them are chemical reactions of lead-acid batteries.
1. Constant voltage charging. Constant voltage (CV) charging is a technology of recharging the discharged battery. It sets the charging voltage in the overcharge area and does not damage the battery by limiting the current. Therefore, a more precise term is current limiting constant voltage charging.
2. Constant current charging. Constant current (CC) charging is also a feasible method, especially in the case of multiple batteries in series, and the longer the series, the more appropriate. This method uses constant current to charge the battery, usually takes several stages, at least two stages, generally multi-stage.
3. Constant voltage constant current combined charging. One of the most effective charging methods for VRLA batteries is the so-called charging method. It first charges each battery with a constant current until the battery charging voltage is equal to the preset value of the charger, at which point the current begins to drop exponentially. When the time or current value reaches a certain point, the terminal constant current step starts, usually with low current for one hour, and the voltage can be controlled or not, but in any case, the terminal voltage is relatively higher than the ordinary constant voltage charging. Therefore, this method combines the advantages of constant voltage and constant current.
4. Trickle charging. Trickle charge (TC) is a very suitable charging method for VRLA batteries, but it is rarely used. One of the main reasons is that this technology can not control the current and voltage. The current drop and voltage reaching the preset voltage limit are mainly determined by the charging demand of the battery.
5. Pulse current charging. Pulse current charging is an old technology, which has gained a new life in various applications including VRLA batteries. It has two basic methods, one is to reduce the amplitude with constant period, the other is to reduce the period with constant amplitude. In these two methods, as the end of charging approaches, each pulse transmits a decreasing input charge to the battery, so it reduces the amount of overcharge and gas evolution.
6. Fast charging. For a given VRLA battery, the forced charging method which can reduce the oxygen cycle effect and end the charging quickly can obtain a good cycle life.
7. Charging termination strategy.
AGM VRLA battery has many advantages compared with traditional open batteries. The sealing degree is high, and the electrolyte will not flow easily. The electrode grid is made of antimony free lead alloy with low self discharge coefficient. The effective substances on the positive and negative plates are not easy to fall off and have a long service life. The volume is smaller than the old battery, and the capacity is higher than the old open battery. There is no need to add any liquid, no acid mist in the process of use, and the maintenance workload is small. Small internal resistance, high current discharge characteristics.
It is precise because of many excellent characteristics of AGM valve-controlled sealed lead-acid batteries that they are called maintenance-free batteries, which can be widely used in various fields in recent years. Champion Power Technology Co., Ltd. is one of China's leading lead-acid battery manufacturers specializing in research, production and sales of lead-acid batteries. All of its batteries have passed the quality certification. If you are interested in AGM VRLA batteries or engaged in related industries, you can consider our high quality batteries.
Copyright © 2000-2021 Champion Power Tech Co., Limited All rights reserved.